Tuesday 8 November 2011

Weeellllllllllllll It's Been a LonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggTimea

But unfortunately bad things have got in the way.  But hopefully they're all over now and i can move on and 2012 will be a better year for all of us, whether 2011 was disastrous or brilliant.

Lost interest for a good 6 months in all crafting activities, so that's one reason for not updating blog, as nothing really to post of any interest.

Have got my cross stitching mojo back will was on holiday, had a wonderful two weeks away in caravan, but was tinged with the realisation that when we got back i would have to make arrangements to sell it.  It was a lovely little thing (only a two berth but plenty of room for the four of us) but was an 80's model so very heavy to manoeuvre into place (and not worth the expense of a mover fitting).  Unfortunately we can back home to a very nasty surprise (which i wish to forget so wont go into details), before we had got the van on the drive, then found out that the two of us couldn't manage to push it on to the drive (the first time i reversed a caravan (or trailer for that matter) was second week of holiday, so there was no way i could use the car to get it on the drive.. So definitely a nail the got to sell it coffin.  Luckily a very helpful neighbour was passing in his car and got out to help.  Long story short, the following night at my daughter's, she put it on to a couple of websites (not auction ones) so i would get what i asked, a week later and after several viewings the van was gone.  Took a while when driving up to the house to stop thinking that someone had stolen it lol.

We have been looking for a camper van/motor home as we still want to get out and about, Tony says we'd possibly get away more as it would be easier to get ready and off than with the van, so I'm looking for one that is gonna be comfortable sitting crafting in, with room for his relaxation items, the TV and DVD lol.

I'm signing up again for the Crazy January Challenge 2012, and have just signed up for the WIPocalypse SAL as well, so will be spending some time getting things sorted for those.

Have almost finished on of my 2011 challenges, while away in van, but as I'd forgot to take my bright light, couldn't do the back stitch and the 'fluffy' white Lana i think its called, so that has now gone in my UFO box for the weekly UFO day on Friendly Stitcher's, along with a freebie Christmas card that is awaiting its back stitch.

Hopefully I'll be keeping this updated a bit more often than i have this last months.  Will put some progress pics up later, when can find a clear space in which to take the pics.

So long, and thanks to anybody who has popped back to read this.

Teejay

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the Wipocalypse! I look forward to seeing your progress next year. I've added your blog to my feed list, too - so I'll be poppping in from time to time to catch up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. :) Thanks for stopping by at my blog. I'm glad to hear that you found your stitching mojo and I hope 2012 will be a fantastic year for you!! :D

    Like Measi, I've added you to my blogroll, so I look forward to seeing your lovely WIPs. :)

    ReplyDelete